- Today Carl was playing with Isaac and teaching him to flex his muscles, he then came in and was showing me his muscles. I said to him, "Wow, you are so strong!" He quickly responded to me saying, "Like Jesus!!!" One of his current favorite songs, and one they sing at school, is "Jesus Loves Me" and as you know one of the lines in the song says, "He is strong." Apparently that verse has made an impact on him.
- Last week one day while eating dinner and talking I called him Sweetheart. I say this often to both of my boys, but I guess he really heard it that night. He looked at me and repeated it, so I said, "Yes, you are my sweetheart." I could see the wheels turning in his head, and then he said, "Sweetcircle?"
- Isaac has become obsessed with singing the ABCs, and any toy that sings the ABCs. Luke got a little "CD" player that sings it, and Isaac has stolen it, put it in the back of his car and made it his radio. He turns it on, then starts driving, and has to stop immediately when the song is over to restart it, he cannot drive without his radio on. Speaking of driving his car, he also has to unlock the door before he gets in it, start the engine before driving, and turn it off when he stops. The other day we were trying to get out of the house and he was procrastinating, he was playing in the car and not cooperating. I finally got him to drive into the dining room to park it, and then made him get out quickly to get out the door. We loaded into my truck, started driving away, and he said, "Mama! My auto is still on!!!" He was very upset about the fact that he didn't turn off his auto before he got out of it. I tried to convince him that Cole would turn it off, but he didn't buy it.
- One of his favorite books at the moment is a book about sharing. He makes us read it over and over and over! This evening he convinced Carl to read it, again, and so to be silly Carl was using the wrong names for characters and changing some of the other main parts of the story. Isaac caught on to every mistake and told Carl what he should have said. I think he has the book memorized.
- He loves reading, "The Very Hungry Catepillar" and today he couldn't find the book, he said, "Mama, where's the "Looking for Food" book?
- Today we were playing a little game of hide and seek; it was Isaac playing against me and Luke. He hid in the same spot every time, sitting on his chair in his room...I think we need to work on what hiding means. When Luke and I were hiding and he was looking for us he would say, "Mama, UkeyPoo, waar ben je?" (Waar ben je is Where are you in Dutch.)
- A few days ago I put on a polo shirt, when Isaac saw it he said, "You have a shirt like Ms. Marlo!" His teacher at school wears a polo everyday because they wear a uniform. Funny that he noticed that.
- He yelled a really high pitched yell today, and I said, "Please don't do that it hurts my ears." He then said, without hesitation, "It hurts my ears when the policeman turns on his siren."
He keeps me on my toes all day long, and even though there are days that I'm not sure how we will make it through the day, he always manages to bring me so much joy and make me laugh so quickly after he's made me mad. I love my crazy, fun, 2 year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment