Tuesday, February 15, 2011

9 months




Who needs a nap?


My Sweet Luke is now 9 months old! He is so much fun, I really enjoy this stage, when he is starting to explore new things, learn new things daily, and have fun in all he does! Luke is all over the place, all day long! When we're at home if we hold him too long he gets mad, he starts to fuss and grunt, until we put him down and let him crawl. He loves to check out Isaac's toys, the toys on the refrigerator, going under the kitchen table, and he also likes checking out the stairs. Eek! I think it's time to put the gate back up. I used to be able to put him in the playroom while I helped Isaac go potty, not any more, he is right behind us in just a couple of seconds. He is always two steps behind me and Isaac. I love that! He pulls up constantly, on everything! This past week naps have been a battle because he just wants to stand up and play in his bed. Unfortunately, I have another woodchuck, he has started chewing on his bed, ugh! When I put him in the playroom he immediately goes to his play table and stands up...he loves standing!
He is still very much attached to me, my sweet mama's boy. This past weekend we went to my parent's house to visit with the whole family and some friends that are visiting from the Netherlands...he was not happy about all the people. He held on tight to me and didn't let go for quite some time. Finally, after being there about 3 hours, one of the visitors was able to hold him (with me sitting right next to them). Today at his doctor's appointment he was happy as can be, until someone came in the room, then he immediately held on to me and started to fuss if they looked at him. The second I put him down he screamed, and then when I picked him up he quickly stopped. He is quite vocal about his stranger anxiety.
This month he learned to clap, which he does all the time! He also learned to give five and give kisses! He still enjoys when we sing to him, the ABCs and Wheels on the Bus are still his favorites.
He is eating more solids lately, today he even ate some chicken!
He got a good report at the doctor today, he is developing right on par! His weight remains a concern, so after much discussion the doctor suggested I begin giving him a few bottles of my milk in addition to what he is eating now. This will be a challenge, since he is not a big fan of bottles, but I will do my best because my peanut needs to put on some pounds. He currently weighs 14 lbs 12 oz (3rd percentile) and is 27.5 inches (25th percentile).
My Luke's personality is really beginning to show, I love getting to see that! He is fun loving, sweet, audacious, and a go getter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer