Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The First Day of Kindergarten



Yes, he is Class of 2026, and this shirt should fit him by then.
 

Enough pictures, he's so excited and ready to go...but mama needs more!
 
Running to the bus stop, he could not wait to get there!

 
Here he goes, getting on that BIG bus!  All alone!!!  Don't cry, don't cry (mama, not Isaac, he was beyond excited about that moment).
 

Yes, I put him on the bus, then jumped in my truck and raced to the school to make sure he made it there and to get a few pictures of him in his room.


 
After school cupcakes to celebrate the First Day of School!
 
 
Isaac started Kindergarten on August 26, and wow, it was quite a transition...for me!  He could not wait, he was so ready to get his back pack on and get to the bus.  I don't think he cared about the rest of the day, it was all about the bus!  While eating breakfast, he said, "Mama are you going to bring me to school?"  Oh goodness, he is waivering, was my thought.  I said, "No, you are riding the bus like you wanted, you want to right?"   "Yes!"  Thankfully we had 3 sweet neighbors riding the bus with him, and one promised to look out for him.  I needed that to make me feel better about it.  We all went to the bus stop together, the boys ran the entire way.  We had to wait a while, so the kids all played together, Isaac seemed completely ready, no nerves at all.  (I may have had some butterflies in my stomach.)  Once the bus came, he jumped right on, he didn't even hesitate, and he was off.  He waved through the window with a big smile.  Our sweet boy has waited 5 long years to ride that big yellow school bus!
 
Once the bus pulled away, I went home, got in my truck, and went to the school.  I caught up to the bus, watched it turn out of the neighborhood, go down the road, and into the school.  Whew, that was a good feeling.  The school was so busy, I found a place to park, and started to walk in.  I ran into a neighbor, one of our good friends, their little girl was all ready to start her Kindergarten year!  Once in the building, I peaked into his room, there he was, sitting at his seat, looking a little scared, but coloring his paper.  I snapped a picture from the door, which caught his attention, so he looked up and saw me there.  He smiled a big smile and waved to me.  I went in, gave him a big hug, and asked about the bus.  "It was great!"  He loved it!  To my surprise he had walked from the bus to his classroom all alone!  He says nobody helped him.  I couldn't believe that, and I was so thankful he made it.  He told me later that he came in the same doors that we had come in for meet the teacher, so he knew how to go.  Thank goodness he is so good with directions!  I only wanted to stay a few minutes, but he was very clingy, which made it hard to say goodbye.  I was doing fine until then, that made me sad, I know how nervous he gets in new situations, so it was hard to leave him alone.  His teacher noticed our hesitation, so she came over to love on him and distract him, so I could leave.  I had to let her know again that he would be a car rider home because he was trying to insist on the riding the bus again.  Oh that boy.
 
Once I got home it hit me, he was gone, all day!  It was so quiet at the house, the weather was rainy, which was not good for the mood, and Hannah kept looking for him and calling his name.  Luke was very grumpy, he didn't want to do anything.  So we watched some TV and just relaxed a while.  Finally we all got it together, and started to try to make the new normal.  It was a good rest of the day, but it was long.
 
We got to the school at 3:00 to pick him up and the line was SO long!  In my excitement to get him I had forgotten that I was low on gas, so my gas light came on.  Oh no, I could not be the one that runs out of gas in the car line!  I was so nervous!  Thankfully it was not as hot, due to the rain, so I shut the car off while we waited.  We waited and waited, but finally at 3:35 we picked up our Isaac!  We were all so excited to be back together!  We came home to hear all about his day, and I couldn't keep Luke away from him!
 
He really enjoyed the day!  He told me, "Mama, we got to go to music class!"  And, "She read the same book we read last night!"  Another thing he mentioned was that the playground was so crowded that he couldn't get on the equipment.  He played alone that day, but still had fun.  I asked who he sat by at lunch, his face lit up as he said, "My teacher sat by me."
 
It was so good to have him back home, I was so thankful to hear about his great day and how much he loved it!
 
The next morning I opened his door to go get him, and he jumped out of bed.  He was ready to go back!  That sure makes this so much easier!  We miss him so much, Hannah and Luke still do, but knowing he's happy and having fun makes it a little bit easier on us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer