Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Surprise!




 
My sweet mom, Oma, turned 70 this past June, so a couple of weeks ago we threw her a Surprise birthday party!  It was put together by Soo Jin and dad, but we all had a hand in keeping it a surprise.  She was trying to make so many plans for that weekend, it got very difficult to come up with little lies.  Finally the day came, we had told her that we were coming over to watch football and some friends would be joining us.  These friends were going to bring all the food, she didn't need to do anything.  Thankfully, these friends are really that amazing, so the story was believable.  We got there early because I had asked her to go shopping with me.  We like to go to Hobby Lobby together and find things to make for Hannah.  I told her I wanted to make her a new dress, so would she like to help me.  Of course she would, so off we went.  I kept her busy shopping for a while, then headed back for the fun.  I had texted Carl along the way home, to let him know when we would arrive.  Unfortunately he got all 3 of my texts as we pulled up!  Soo Jin saw us go by as the texts came through, so they rushed everyone into the master bedroom.  We walked in, everything looked normal, no big deal.  Then all of a sudden, people started flowing out of her room, saying "Surprise!"  and "Happy Birthday!"  She was completely surprised and thrilled!  We enjoyed a nice evening with a good dinner, some cake, and great friends.  There are no words to explain how much we love Oma and what she means to us!  I hope that this party showed her how special she is, not only to us, but to so many people!  Happy 70th Mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer