Sunday, August 25, 2013

Meet the Teacher

Our first Elementarty adventure began last week, Thursday, August 22, as we went to Meet the Teacher.  Isaac was very unsure about it all, and even though he's excited about kindergarten, I can tell he's also scared of the unknown.  We got to meet his teacher right away, and she seems fantastic!!!  She was so sweet and welcoming to Isaac, and her room is so cute.  He has one friend in his class from last year, so that will be very helpful as he begins the year.  We didn't get to see too many of his new classmates, as we were the first ones there, but I'm excited to hear all about his new friends after the first day!  His class is small, only 15 kids...which made me feel a little better.  Isaac was very indecisive about everything, one big one was the bus.  He has been saying for months that he wants to ride the bus.  But at meet the teacher he began to waiver.  He kept telling me that he did not want to ride the bus, I needed to bring him.  After much debate we decided I would drive him to and from school.  (Now the night before school, he is insisting on riding the bus.  Ugh, I can't keep up!)  Thursday we got to walk around the school and check it all out.  We found the bathroom closest to his classroom, the cafeteria (which I had to explain to him and let him know he would eat there), and we saw the computer lab and library, too. 


For years I was always very confident in my decision that our kids would go to public school.  As a former public school teacher myself, I just felt it was the best place for them.  After our experience at his preschool, which is a private school that continues through Kindergarten, I started to doubt my choice.  We loved it there, we loved that he learned academics, but also scripture and Truth about our God.  They did such a great job incorporating the Lord into their everyday lessons.  So that mixed with the many many friends we have that homeschool, I have started to waiver on my decision.  Last semester and over the summer, we did a lot of praying and researching, to decide what we felt would be best for our boy.  We went back and forth with all three options, but after much prayer and thought we settled on our original choice of public school.  We trust that the Lord will be with him, He will guide him, and He will protect him.  I have really been praying hard that the Lord would surround Isaac with God loving teachers and friends, and that he would use Isaac to be a light to those who may not knonw Him. 

I'm anxious and excited about this new adventure, but in my heart I know that Isaac is ready and will have an amazing year!  We are so proud of the boy that he is today, and look forward to continuing to watch him grow as he starts elementary school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer