I'm so proud of this big smiling boy! He has finally done it, he is officially potty trained! It was really a matter of him deciding he wanted to do it, so with a little bribery we helped him make that decision. While shopping yesterday he found a Planes toy that he really wanted (we don't often or ever really buy random toys while out shopping). I told him I'd buy it for him, but he could not get it until he pooped on the potty. He had been doing really well with peepee, but needed more convincing for the rest. He agreed, so we picked one for him and one for Isaac (I can't buy just one plane, that would create a huge problem around the house). So we bought the plane, I brought it home thinking it would be quite a while before he earns it. After being home about an hour he tells me he needs to go potty, he was excited and running to the bathroom. I sat him down, he looked at me and said, "If I poopoo do I get my plane?" I told him of course, and waited...and HE DID IT! That boy, he's something else! He got that plane (Skipper) and he was over the moon! I was, too, but worried that it may be a one time thing. He wore underwear all day and didn't have any accidents! Today we put underwear on again (4th day of that), and he was happy as can be. Mid morning, he did it again! I am so proud of him!
Luke is so fun, so silly, and sometimes so challenging. Potty training was a battle, but I finally realized that I could not force him to do it if he didn't want to. My boy will only do things when he decides he's ready....and apparently he's ready to wear underwear now! Whew! We are now on a hunt for Planes underwear in his size (he is the biggest Planes fan around).
No comments:
Post a Comment