We had a few Halloween activities this year, so I'll go through each with some pictures.
First up, Trunk or Treat at Luke's preschool.
They all loved this playhouse/tent. They played in there for quite some time. Luke was in character the entire time, giving everyone his monster roar.
Pumpkin bowling! Notice Isaac trying to give Luke some pointers. He didn't knock down any ghosts (rolls of toilet paper), but he did gently hit them.
Little Miss Hannah aka "Boo" was very into the entire thing, she walked around like she was in charge.
My three little monsters!
Luke wore his costume to gymnastics the week of Halloween; he loved that he got to wear it another time.
This boy loves the trampoline!!!
The bars are a close second to the trampoline! He is definitely a monkey; he impresses me with his strength every week!
This was his first time to do the zip line, he was always too scared in the past. The first time his coach held him up there, but by the third time he did it all alone. He was disappointed that his coach did not let him drop to the mat alone, maybe next time. I'm so proud of him for conquering this fear!
Isaac's school had a book character parade on Halloween. Isaac chose to be Jake, and I thought he looked great! I could tell he was nervous at first, but once he saw us he relaxed a little. It was fun to watch the entire school parade through the school in great costumes!
Hannah, Luke, and I headed to a friend's house for a Halloween party after Isaac's parade. Ssshhh, don't tell Isaac he'd be so sad to know he missed it. I'm not sure how we made it through the week without Luke mentioning it. I love this picture of Hannah, Boo, checking out the Boo doll. It's like she's saying, "Hey, we match...Oma sure did a great job making my costume look just like yours!"
FINALLY, IT'S TIME TO TRICK OR TREAT!!!
Al three lined up with their pumpkins! The boys made Hannah's Minnie pumpkin for her, which she loved! Luke made his pumpkin at school during their pumpkin patch. Isaac and Luke made Isaac's pumpkin together...he's a super hero pumpkin!
"ROAR!!!!" These three were in true monster spirit, they loved to roar and scare everyone!
We went out to trick or treat with some great friends! We have spent the last few Halloweens going out with this sweet family...it's become a fun tradition!
I looked over to see these two cuties walking hand in hand...such a sweet friendship!
Our two youngest trick or treaters sat in the wagon together, and boy did they enjoy it! They spent the evening putting candy in and out of their pumpkins, and by the end they were sneaking licks of their candy.
Here's our entire crew at one of the houses loading up on candy!
I did not get a picture of this, but I had to include the most interesting part of our night...looking down to see Luke's mouth and hand glowing! Yes, glowing! Apparently he had broken his glow sword, and then decided to put it in his mouth! Ugh! It definitely made me a bit nervous, but thankfully he was fine, and now we can laugh about it.
It was a crazy busy night, with lots of trick or treaters every where, but it was so fun! I love seeing the joy in the kids eyes as they put on their costumes and get into character. I love watching them run from house to house and squeal with excitement when we tell them to go to the door. These are memories I hope to never forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment