Saturday, November 23, 2013

Feast Fun!







This past week the boys both celebrated Thanksgiving at school with a Thanksgiving Feast.  It was a special time to spend sweet moments with the boys and their friends as we think about the things we are most thankful for.

Luke's feast was calm and precious.  It was held in his classroom, so I went early with another mom to set up the table and get the food ready.  Luke did so well, I was nervous how he'd do seeing me there, but he was great!  He saw me in his room, but then he had to leave again, and he did not hesitate.  Whew.  Then they came back to see the feast set up and he was all ready to dig in to the yummy food!  I haven't gotten up to his class often, so I really enjoyed seeing him interacting with his friends.  After they ate they all sang us the cutest song..."Hello, Mr. Turkey."  I remember Isaac singing this song as well, but he was always so shy at school so he didn't sing or do many motions.  Luke had no shyness at all, he sang and danced along with his friends/teachers.  I loved it!!!  I'm so thankful that he has adjusted to school so well, he is truly growing and changing daily!

Isaac's feast was bigger and busier, but still so great!  Some of the other moms and I all got there early to set up their class table in the cafeteria.  We put paper on the table, like a table cloth, then dished out the food.  It was early in the morning, so I wasn't sure much would be eaten, but the kids didn't hesitate to dig in.  They started the feast with a small program, they sang the cutest songs on the stage.  Isaac was so excited about this, he talked about it for days before and sang the songs daily.  His favorite songs are "Just a boy and a girl in a little canoe" and "Three little teepees."  Once on stage he became so shy and nervous.  He did sing, and did do the motions, but with great hesitation.  I'm proud of him though, it was a big group and a big audience, and he did his best!  After singing they sat down to feast, and like I said they did dig in!  Isaac chose his seat based on the cupcake, he wanted orange icing.  No surprise there!  There were a couple of kids absent, so Luke joined in the feast, all he wanted was the cupcake and the popcorn...again no surprise.  Oma was supposed to come babysit Hannah and Luke for me that morning, but the weather got nasty, so she was delayed.  She did make it up to us, but just joined us at the school instead...which was wonderful.  Isaac loved having her there, and Luke and Hannah had a blast joining in the fun.

We have so much to be thankful for this year; it's nice to take some time to reflect on our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer