Thursday, April 28, 2011

Milestones

Climbing up the rock wall...


...ready to slide down!



This has been a big couple of weeks for Luke, he is growing and maturing daily, and in the last couple of weeks he has hit some big milestones. The first thing is that we lowered his bed to it's lowest level, which is crazy that he's already to that point! We have limited the pacifier to only at nap time, which has gone easier than I expected, but I know he misses it. He hangs on tight to it when he wakes up from his nap, but eventually gives it up. And just this week I weaned him from breastfeeding. I had planned on going to his first birthday and then stopping shortly after, but I got sick with the flu this week, which meant I was forced to take medicine and while I could still pump and dump to keep up with my supply, I decided it would be a good time to wean him. He was away from me for two complete days because I didn't want him getting sick, and while that was hard for all of us I think it helped with the weaning. Tonight he finished his last bottle of my frozen supply, so as of tomorrow he is officially done...only cow's milk for him. Wow! Of course this is a day I've been waiting for, the day I get my body back, and other people can meet his nutrional needs, but it's been harder for me than I expected. I am sad to not share that special time with him any more, to not be the one he needs for food (I know that is contradicting what I just said), and knowing that I may never nurse again (we are still undecided on baby #3) is making this time more difficult than I expected.

One more thing he has conquered this week is the slide and rockwall in the playroom. I know it's not a big deal in life's big scheme, but he loves it and I can't believe he's climbing and sliding all by himself already!

1 comment:

  1. He is just adorable! Such a fun time isn't it. We are trying to get rid of the paci too! Only at bedtime now and that one is going to be a challenge! Not sure what is the best way of going about doing that. Again, your kids are super cute and sounds like you guys are always having a ball!

    ReplyDelete

A Mother's Prayer