Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

Pancake Brunch at the church.


Church Egg Hunt



My Sweet boys...their first Easter together!


All 4 of us!


Luke loves his new lamb!


Easter morning


The hunt is on!


Luke found his first egg...and he's content with just one.


So many eggs to find!



Luke and Mariah got a few eggs and they are happy on the porch...if only they could keep Tex from eating all the cheerios!


Happy Birthday Daddy! (a week early, I know)


Boys and their toys!


Carson loves hanging out with my little one, and as you can see Luke loves him!



Our Easter weekend was full of rest, fun, family, and friends. It was a fabulous weekend to celebrate our Risen Lord. I struggled with explaining Easter to Isaac; I don't want him to think it's all about the Easter bunny and Easter eggs, but I do want him to enjoy the fun traditions of the holiday. I finally decided to give him a basic explanation, which I don't think he understood, but I tried, and then we enjoyed the bunny and egg hunts.


Saturday morning we started the weekend off with a Pancake brunch and Egg Hunt at the church where he goes to school. We weren't sure what to expect, and Isaac was really confused about going to his school, but not seeing his teachers or going to the classroom. It turned out great though! The event started with a yummy pancake breakfast, then a talk about the meaning of Easter, and an adorable puppet show about Easter and preparing for the Egg hunt. Isaac really enjoyed all of that. Of course, the Easter bunny made an appearance, and Isaac did great with that, he didn't want to go near him, but he waved to him and wanted to know where he was at all times. Luke enjoyed people watching and munching on a banana and even had some nibbles of a pancake. Next, we headed outside or the 4 year old and under egg hunt. I had planned on letting Luke down to grab some eggs, but it was too crowded, so he stayed in Daddy's arms and watched the bigger kids swoop up the eggs. Isaac found a friend from his class, so they stood together waiting for the hunt to start...while waiting his friend reached out to hold his hand, it was precious seeing them stand together like that. I'm so thankful he has made some friends at school! The hunt was fast and furious, but Isaac came away with a few eggs, and he enjoyed it. After the hunt we let the kids run free a bit, and found 4 more of Isaac's classmates! It was fun to see them interact and see who Isaac was drawn to. It was also great to meet some of the other parents.


Saturay evening we went to the Crews' house to celebrate Samantha's 5th birthday! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the big party, but it was a fantastic time! Isaac ran around, played with the other kids, adults, and jumped his heart out in the bounce house and trampoline. He also drove around in her power wheels car as much as he could, he had to share and was too shy to ask for his turn. Luke had fun crawling on the patio, the trampoline, and watching all the fun. I can't believe sweet Samantha is 5, gosh the years fly by! She is such a good hearted, spunky, fun, all girl, princess! I love her and am so thankful we get to watch her grow.


Sunday we decided to sit out of the church service due to Luke being a little under the weather and I wasn't feeling too great, either. We had planned an Easter party at our house for that evening so we spent the day at home preparing. The Easter bunny did suprise the boys with a basket for each of them, which included a book, some bubbles, and a toy. Sunday afternoon all of our family joined us here for an egg hunt, a yummy pot luck type dinner, and a celebration of Carl's upcoming birthday. It was a wonderful evening, the weather was perfect so we sat outside and let the kids play. I'm so thankful to live so close to family and get to spend the holidays together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer