Yesterday I took the boys on our first big outing by myself; we went to the Houston Zoo! I was nervous leading up to it, could I really handle that all alone? Both boys in such a big place with no help, was it a dumb idea? Well, I am here to say, it was great! The boys loved the zoo, and both behaved great and made my job easy! I am so thankful for them! It actually was kind of a calm trip, it was nice to not worry about any one else's agenda or what others want to do...it was all about my little ones! Isaac really enjoyed all of the animals, but I think the giraffes and ducks were his favorite. Although, he really liked the elephants, too. We've been to a few petting zoos lately, so the first 30 minutes we were there he kept asking me if he could pet the animals...even the elephants! Silly boy! Luke was very chill all day, he spent the entire time in his stroller, except during lunch. He seemed to really like the animals, too, but I think his favorite part was watching Isaac play the drums in the African Forest.
After the zoo, we headed over to a friend's house for a playdate. We were kind of in her area, so we decided to stop by and visit. She has two boys, both born in February the same years as my boys, so they are only a few months apart. It was really fun to visit with her and the boys seemed to have fun playing together! Luke was exceptionally relaxed and enjoyed being around the other boys. Isaac had fun playing with his new friend, and really liked playing with his trucks. ;-)
It was a long day, but a fun filled one! I'm so thankful to spend this time with my sweet boys, they are such a blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment