Yesterday was my big boy's first gymnastics class all by himself; not only his first gymnastics class all by himself, but his first any kind of class all by himself. We talked a lot about it in the days leading up to the class because he also had a new coach, and I didn't want him caught off guard by that. Isaac never had any concerns about me not helping him in the class, but he did say multiple times that Kristin, his best friend's (and classmate's) mom, was going to help him. I think that's so funny, he sure loves her!
Well, my big boy was just that, a big boy! He didn't hesitate a bit when it was time to start class; he walked right over to the coach and started doing what she said. He didn't even look back...tear. I was so proud of him for not hesitating, I'm so glad he felt so comfortable and confident, but also a little sad that my big boy was so grown up. He had moments of disobeying, he would randomly run off a little bit, but he always came right back when called. He did so well listening to the coach and her instructions, he watched intently as she spoke. He was fearless and full of joy!
It was hard to sit back and watch, not being able to step in to help, encourage, or discipline, but I know he needs this, and I'm SO proud of him for doing so great! After class when I'd ask what he did in gymnastics he always mentioned that whatever he did he had done it all by himself. It is so fun watching him grow up and become confident and independent. I'm so excited for my little gymnast and the fun times that lie ahead for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment