Monday, August 27, 2012

1st day of Pre-K

The summer has come to an end, and school is officially back in session for Isaac.  I hadn't really dwelled on this day too much, we were having a good summer and were staying busy enough to keep us all entertained.  This summer was a big one for my big guy, he learned some new big skills!  The three main things he accomplished are:  1.  He learned to swim!  He is a fish!  2. He learned to write his name...it's not perfect, but it's legible and pretty cute.  3.  Just last week he learned to ride his bike without training wheels!  He calls it his motorcycle, even turns it on/off with his pretend key and makes engine noises as he drives.  It was a fun summer, we made many good memories with family and friends! 

Now it's back to school and a good routine.  Isaac was a bit hesitant at first, but then found out that he would have one of his teachers from last year as his main teacher this year and he was thrilled!  He was so excited this morning as we were getting ready and he walked right in to his class with little hesitation.  Today was only a gradual entry day, which means the kids were only there 1.5 hours and we stayed in a meeting the majority of that time.  Isaac had a lot of fun during that time, they painted and played.  I am excited about the year that lies ahead for him, I am confident that he will learn a lot of new academic information and will grow spiritually as well.  I am so thankful he is in a school where God's truth is taught in all they do.  I will admit though that it hit me hard today, this is his last year as a preschooler, his last year of "freedom."  My heart is a little sad, my baby is growing up so fast!  My prayer this year is that he has a wonderful year, full of growth and fun, and that the Lord prepares my heart for the next step (I think I'll need the entire year to prepare for sending him off to kindergarten).

1 comment:

A Mother's Prayer