Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Luke is growing too fast!

Okay, maybe Luke's not really "growing" he is still my peanut, but he is maturing so fast lately, he's really turning into a little boy.  He is finally starting to talk more and more, I think he tries to say new words daily.  Isaac started to talk at such a young age, so I don't really think Luke is behind, he's probably average.  He is putting words together to make little sentences, and sometimes they are so silly.  He won't call animals by their name, he calls them by what they say.  So a dog is a woof woof, a cat is a meow, and a cow is a moo.  You get the idea.  He loves ducks, he has always talked about them.  He enjoys going to feed the ducks with Emmy and Gumby in their neighborhood, so now when we drive by their neighborhood pond he says, "Emmy, quack quack, eat."  Which means, Feed the ducks with Emmy.  One of his latest words that I love is, "help."  It's great that he can say that now because it means less yelling when he can't do something.  One of his new words that I don't like is, "Mine!"  I guess it's inevitable that he will learn that word when he spends all his time sharing toys with his brothers.  ;-)  One of the cutest things he says is, "Ow Ow" which means owie.  He also talks a lot about his private part, aka wee wee...such a boy!  When he is asked a question he often says, "ummm" before he answers.  He says a few words that I don't understand, but for the most part his words are very clear.  He loves to sing, one of his favorite songs is a song he learned in Sunday school, "Deep and Wide."  He is very proud of himself for being able to sing that. Hannah's favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, so we sing it a lot, and he now hums the tune, which is precious.  Isaac loves to sing a song called "Pharaoh, Pharaoh."  The main chorus says, "Pharaoh, Pharaoh, ooohh whoe, let my people go."  Luke sings, "oohh whoe, Oma Opa, go."  I'm not sure where that came from, but he has decided that's how he will sing it.  Besides talking he is also maturing in other ways.  He is great in the pool, he floats around by himself in his puddle jumper.  He is so careful getting in and out, I don't think I've met another boy as careful as Luke.  He absolutely adores his sister, she can always make him smile, and he loves making her smile.  He has always enjoyed reading books, he will bring me books at random times all day long.  Now he even gets books and quietly looks through them by himself.  Oma and Opa gave him a Thomas the Train magazine from Holland, and I have often found him sitting alone studying each and every page of that magazine.  My little Luke is a thinker, a focused worker, a bit of a stubborn boy, with a sweet sweet heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer