Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Little fears...
Okay I will have a confession...I HATE roaches! Growing up we had roaches in the house at times, and I always hated them. I think that as I've gotten older my fear of them has gotten worse. Last week my parents came home after a 5 week vacation, so when returning to their house their were a few dead roaches. Isaac saw them, and did not like them. I can handle a dead roach, so I did not show fear, it was all on his own. Well, since we've lived in our house we've had very few roaches, and the majority of them have been this summer. Today we had some friends over, we were getting Hannah up after her nap and I saw a dead roach by her bed. I was digusted, how could there be a roach in her room? Did it get in her bed? Is it the only one? Yuck, I was not happy. My friend picked it up (because I had my hands full holding Hannah), and we all headed to the gameroom. Isaac was still by her room and he yelled, "Mama, a roach!" I thought he was kidding, but I could tell by his behavior this was no joke. I grabbed a shoe and started searching. I saw it crawl behind the changing table...eeewww! So I did what any good mom would, I called for daddy. He came to our rescue, but we had to hunt that thing down. We finally found it, after only a few screeches from me and the kids, Carl killed it and we all moved on. WELL, apparently I've scarred Isaac. Tonight after having been in his bed and quiet for about 30 minutes, he calls for us. I went in and he hollered, "There's a roach on my blanket!" I tried my best to stay calm, flipped on the light (Luke was already asleep, but I had to have full light to find this thing.), and looked at the blanket. Then Isaac said, "Oh no, it was just this light on the firetruck picture (on the blanket)." I told him I had killed all the roaches, he didn't need to worry about them...only a little white lie, then kissed him and came downstairs laughing. Thankfully Luke slept through the entire situation. I learned my lesson today, stay calm even when scared/disgusted by a bug. I'll try my best to do that next time, but I can't promise that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment