Thursday, February 23, 2012

An Amazing Blessing

As I reflect on the last few years I cannot help but feel the presence and power of God in our lives. There was a time 5 years ago when we weren't sure we'd have any children of our own; we wondered what God's plan was for us and our family. We went through a rollercoaster of emotions and experiences before getting pregnant with Isaac. What a miracle he was to us and still is. Then a short 15 months later He blessed us with another pregnancy...needless to say we were thrilled and so thankful for His blessings. Now, here we are pregnant for a third time awaiting the arrival of our sweet baby girl. This pregnancy definitely caught us by surprise more than the first two, but we cannot help, but feel His amazing hand working in our family. I praise God daily for His blessings. We are now ready for our new rollercoaster, the rollercoaster of living with three kids ages 4 and under.


I am almost 39 weeks pregnant we have gotten the room all together, we don't have a name yet, but we are all so anxious for her arrival. I had another appointment today and unfortunately there is not much progress yet. I guess it's time to start walking around the block a lot and eating spicy foods...come on baby girl we want to meet you!


I sit here so anxious to meet her, I have to record some thoughts. There is nothing like the anticipation of a baby. There are so many questions, some fears, and of course so much excitement. I am growing impatient, but I am also trying to enjoy this time because I do love the anticipation and uncertainty of when she will come and how it will all happen. I am so excited for the sounds of her first cry holding her for the first time and all the joy that comes with that amazing time. I am anxious for it, but also a little sad knowing this will be the last time I experience those feelings. So as I grow impatient I am reminding myself to savor these moments and to thank God for letting me have this experience one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer