"Mama, why did you pick me out?"
Wow, what a question! Isaac asked me that today, and at first I thought I wasn't understanding his question, so I asked him, "What do you mean?" He responded, "Why did you pick me out?" I said, "You mean, why did I pick you out at the store to bring home?" "Yes."
"Oh Isaac, I didn't pick you out, God gave you to us, He made you just for us."
"Why?" asked Isaac.
"Because we're perfect for each other," I responded.
Obviously, we cannot pick out our children, but I believe God molds our children into the perfect children for us, and He truly gives us a gift when He gives us a child. If I had been able to pick a boy for us, I would have picked Isaac and Luke, they are everything I could ask for in a son. I love how Isaac's mind works and I love hearing his thoughts. He is such a deep thinker, he analyzes everything, and asks so many questions. I love that boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so sweet:)
ReplyDelete