Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Communicating

CARS!





Luke has really started to communicate with us, in his own little way. Maybe it's more that we are finally understanding what he's trying to tell us. These pictures were taken this weekend; there were a bunch of cars parked in the street in front of the house, and he saw them as he crawled that way. He pointed and said, "Aaa." I looked and asked him what he saw, I looked out, saw the cars, and knew exactly what he was talking about. I said, "Cars...Luke do you see the cars?" He pointed and said it again, this time with a big smile because I understood, "Aaa." He was so excited that we understood him, all four of us looked out together and talked about the cars. Luke is definitely following in Daddy and Isaac's footsteps with his adoration of cars.


This evening as I was trying to get dinner ready, he was telling me over and over, "eT." I told him I understood, I was trying to get dinner ready. I walked in the pantry holding him, he saw the bag of cheerios on the shelf, pointed, and said, "eT!" Okay, I obeyed, got the bag, put him in his chair with the cheerios, and he ate and ate them! We were both happy to have understood each other.


These are just two examples of his communication growing, I am so proud of him and love watching him light up when we understand him. Unfortunately, his version of eat and out are very similar, so sometimes those get confused, but we're working it. The boy loves to be outside, so out is one of his favortie words. =) He also says thank you and yes, on a pretty regular basis...okay nobody but us can understand his thank you, but I promise he's saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer