Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Swim Lessons

Jumping in..."Isaac be nimble, Isaac be quick, Isaac jump over the noodlestick!"


Going under after jumping in.


Swimming with his face in the water to the steps...this was last week, she had to force his head in, now he does it by himself!


Waiting their turn together.


Practicing his kicks!



Isaac has been in swim lessons this week and last week, and I cannot brag enough on him. He started last week with a fear of the water, a fear of going under, and a lack of confidence in himself in the water. Well, after just two days last week I saw a HUGE improvement! This week he has improved even more and is so brave! He goes underwater all by himself, he kicks and uses his arms to swim, he will jump from the step to swim to his teacher, and he will put his face in the water while picking rings up from the steps. His self confidence is soaring, and I could not be more proud of him! It's been awesome watching him learn and grow in his swimming abilities. Of course, he couldn't do this without his BFF, Taylor, they are becoming little fish together! I love that we get to make these memories with her!


P.S. His swim teacher is the wife of my high school track coach...so fun to see my son being taught by her and her kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer