Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day Tea

All lined up and ready to sing.


Showing me the cookie he made (I don't know why this picture is the wrong way, sorry).


Me and my boy!



Today was a special day for me and Isaac, our first Mother's Day Tea at his school. I didn't really know what to expect, but it was much better than I imagined! They started the event with a small program in the sanctuary, during which all of the preschool kids got on stage and sang 4 songs to us, all about Mommy. After that we headed to the classroom for tea, water, and cookies! Isaac made me a cookie with red sprinkles, and made one for himself with multicolored sprinkles. He also made me a beautiful card with flowers (his fingerprints were the petals), and the front of the card read "I love you bunches!" The inside read, "Happy Mother's Day! Love, Isaac" They died carnations pink and blue, the teacher let them choose what color they wanted to give their mamas, Isaac picked a blue one and oh so sweetly said to me, "I love you." Later, he told me he gave me a blue flower because it matched the blue shirt I was wearing.
I know it doesn't sound like much, but this was a special day, one that I will always remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer