Sunday, May 22, 2011

Latest Sayings...



Isaac has been saying some interesting things lately...some funny, some thought provoking, some embarrassing, and some strange. I've been trying to remember them, so I thought I'd blog about them so we could all get a laugh and so I'd have them written down.




  • While practicing with his T-ball set today I told him, "Always watch the ball, keep your eye on the ball." He immediately leaned forward and put his eye on the ball. Not exactly what I meant.

  • After passing a man on a motorcycle, who had a tatoo, he said, "Mama, that man has a big stamp on his arm!"

  • He is still very into pointing out cars, but is now learning the names...most sports cars are referred to as corvettes, camaros or mustangs. We passed an El Camino sitting on the side of the road the other day and he said, "A camaro truck!"

  • While shopping yesterday, Isaac blurted out, "Mama, that man's hair fell out." I quickly told him to be quiet and then tried to explain why we don't say that.

  • He is very into motorcycles lately, and I told him can have one when he's 40. I figure he'll be wise enough to be safe or wise enough to know it's a bad decision to have one. So now he tells everyone that when he is 40 he is going to have a motorcycle with a trailer on it. And when we pass motorcycles on the road he always asks me, "Is that man 40?" My response is, "Of course! He can't drive a motorcycle if he's not 40."

  • Isaac FINALLY made dirt on the potty! Yay! He's been potty trained for 6 months, but just now started going #2 on the potty last Friday. It took a day and a half of holding it, but then he did it! We made a big deal of it, of course! Unfortunately he started getting a stomach ache from waiting and he had to work hard for it. The next time he did it, he said, "I didn't wait too long this time!"

  • We work very hard to teach Isaac to say, Yes. In Dutch, Yes, is Yea. So lately he has started saying Yea when he's around my parents, which is okay, but I want him to know the difference of when he can say it. He does know the difference, but when he's in a mood, he fights me on it. Lately, he has started saying, "Yea Ma'am." He always laughs afterwards. He's so silly.

  • If I wear jeans and a shirt that is nicer than a t-shirt, he says, "Mama, why are you dressed nice?" He often tells me when he wants to dress nice, too.

  • He told Luke the other day, as he and I walked into the other room, "Luke, keep an eye on Daddy." Ha!

  • "WHY?" This question has become a constant in our lives, every story, every direction, and every event is followed by a "Why?" question. Oh, how I'm ready for the why phase to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer