Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Brothers

1st bath together!

Showing Luke the water in the boat.

Playing together witht he big truck. Luke is smiling so big!



Big brother reading to his little brother.

Both pushing the Jeep around, without fighting! I wish this could last forever!


The boys have started to interact and play together more and more...it's so exciting to watch. Luke lights up when he sees Isaac, and I think he misses him when he's not around. If Isaac is playing with a toy, Luke does everything he can (roll, scoot, etc) to get to him and play with him. Of course, that doesn't always go over so well with Isaac, but usually he's pretty good about showing him the toy. Isaac will even bring a toy to Luke to show him how it works or what it does. His latest thing is to read books to Luke. They both really enjoy reading, and watching Isaac "read" a book to his baby brother is the sweetest thing. In the picture above he is reading him his newest tractor book, he was sure to point out the hay in the trailer, talk about the animals, and of course the tires on the tractor. Thankfully, I captured it on video, it was a special moment. Yesterday was a big milestone for them...they took their first bath together. Isaac was thrilled about this! He immediately brought his boat over to Luke to show him the water in it, he even grabbed Luke's hand and said, "Feel the water, Luke." Aaawww! It was also Luke's first time to sit in the bath seat, so it was a quick bath for him because he had a little trouble staying upright. It was a fun time, though!
These first few interactions have been a sweet glimpse of the fun times they will share in the future. I know they won't all be sweet times, but I pray they will grow to be best friends!
This is a random story, but I have to share it and document it so I don't forget it. Yesterday morning during breakfast both boys were getting a bit fussy and needy at the same time, as I was cleaning up. I said, "Boys you need to be patient." Isaac quickly replied back to me, "Mama, Luke left his patience at Kristin's house." Ha ha!!! How does he come up with that stuff!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer