Sunday, December 12, 2010

7 months old




Luke is 7 months old. He is smiley, sweet, silly, determined, curious, a bit stubborn, aggressive, and also laid back (when he wants to be). He is also known to be a severe mama's boy...it's true, there is no denying it, he wants Mama around and if I'm not around he lets everyone know he isn't happy. He still will only let any one other than mama or daddy hold him for a few minutes, then it's over and he cries until he's back in our arms. I told you he was stubborn. Luke is also so sweet, he smiles so big when he sees Isaac, Daddy, or Mama...even others, as long as they don't try to hold him. ;-) He is so silly; he has started doing a fake cough, and if you copy him he does it more and more and laughs about it. He loves to be tickled, that will get him laughing so hard! I like to play the "I'm gonna get you..." game with him, he laughs the sweetest laugh when I do that. He smiles so big when playing peek a boo, singing song, or watching his brother swing. He also enjoys swinging outside, he is so tiny in that big swing, but he is so happy in it! He loves reading books! His aggression comes out in this situation, he grabs for the books, he wants to hold them and be in charge. I try to take them to the library for story time as often as possible, he is mesmerized by the stories and songs. He is trying so hard to crawl, our prediction is that he will be crawling by Christmas...we'll see! Luke can sit up alone now, that is a big accomplishment, and we are so proud of him! He got his first tooth last week...yay! Thankfully he wasn't too badly effected by it. He is a good eater, he seems to be really enjoying solid foods. I gave him a Baby MumMum the other day, it was his first one, but he ripped it out of my hand to hold and feed himself like he's been doing it his entire life. It was so funny. He just sucked/smacked away on that thing until it was all gone. Luke is very curious about his surroundings...he wants to see everything that is going on around him and he reaches for the things that really interest him...he wants to check it all out! When Isaac is pushing around his trucks Luke works really hard to get to the trucks to check them out; unfortunately that doesn't always end well. We've already had to start working on sharing and taking turns.
He is still my little peanut, I can tell he's growing, but he is so small. He still fits in some 3-6 months clothes, and the 6-12 month clothes are way too big!

1 comment:

  1. Didn't Isaac get a kick out of coughing when he was younger too?

    ReplyDelete

A Mother's Prayer