- One morning he was pushing my buttons over and over, he was wearing me out, so I asked him, "Isaac what's going on with you today?" He immediately responded, "Isaac is having a rough day."
- Carl has been traveling a lot lately, and Isaac misses him terribly when he's gone (as do I). The day after one of his recent trips the boys and I went to run some errands, on the way home I told Isaac we had to go home because daddy was going to be home. He said to me, "That makes Isaac happy." (My heart melted.)
- He still sleeps in a crib, mostly because he does not sleep during nap time, but does stay in his bed and talk. So I am hesistant to put him in a toddler bed, I don't want to lose that down time. He recently climbed up on his bed and sat on the side. I, of course, got on to him and told him how dangerous that was. So now, almost daily, when I get him after "nap" time he says, "Thank you for not getting on top of the bed." Ha ha!
- He has started using the potty, and when he first started doing it he sometimes would sit on it, but nothing would come, so he'd say to me "Mama help Isaac."
- On Sunday he was happily running to me, but he tripped and fell, hitting his face on my knee. Ouch! He now has a black eye, poor guy, but he was tough about it. He doesn't even remember what happened, I think he was so tired he just forgot. Carl tells him he has a shiner...so today while at the doctor for a check up for Luke, he told the doctor, "Isaac has a shiner." The doctor asked him what happened, but he couldn't answer.
- When lifting something heavy he always says, "This HEAvy!!!" Of course he strains while picking it up, too.
- He went with Carl and Gumby to the property this past weekend, but before going he told Carl that he was going to the country to look at trees. Not sure where that came from, he's never been there. He was right though, they did look at trees.
- Yesterday Carl and I were looking online at a ride on tractor toy for the boys for Christmas. Isaac saw the pictures and got really excited...he said, "Boy get off! Isaac drive tractor!!!"
I know there have been so many more things, but I can't remember them all, so that's just a few. I love listening to things he says because it gives me insight into what he is thinking...such a fun age and a great mind!
This is exactly why the blog is so great. You would never remember all these sweet and funny moments without it!
ReplyDelete