We had a super fun Halloween! I wasn't sure what to expect from Isaac...would he have fun, would he understand, would he care, would he be scared? These questions all ran through my head beforehand, while hoping for the best. I was pleasantly suprised, he really enjoyed it, and definitely got into it. He said, "Trick or Treat!" or "Happy Halloween!" at every house, and finished with, "Thank you!" (sometimes he had to be reminded, but he tried).
We really like Halloween in our neighborhood, everyone gets really into it, and the streets are packed with people...so we decided since we were staying here and we knew it would be fun, why not invite some friends over and have a hayride to trick or treat. Everyone came over early, we had some pizza, then let the kids play outside a while, and headed out just as it was getting dark (7:00ish). Isaac and Hudson, one of Isaac's friends, were very into the trailer, they enjoyed going to the door, but quickly asked to get back on the trailer, such boys! Luke went along for the hayride, and did awesome! It was way past his bedtime, but he didn't mind, he loved being outside and seeing all the people. One house had a haunted house set up, obviously I didn't go in it, but some of the other kids did and said it was pretty scary. I was really impressed by how much the neighborhood gets into the spirit of things, and the amount of people out trick or treating was almost overwhelming. Thankfully we didn't see many scary costumes, so none of the kids were frightened. We stayed out for about an hour, and came home with many excited, but sleepy kids. Everyone headed home after that, and we turned out the lights. It was a fun start to our days of trick or treating with the boys!
P.S. Luckily Isaac did not remember a thing about getting candy at every house, so I don't have to worry about him begging me for it. =)
Glad you guys had a blast! I love the family pic of the 4 of you!
ReplyDeleteWe had so much fun! Thanks again for inviting us. I don't think we will be able to top that hay ride:)
ReplyDelete