My baby is 6 months old, half a year, really!?! Each month seems to go by faster than the last. He is really growing and changing, learning new things everyday, and very observant. He wants to be involved in everything going on around him, it seems to bother him that he can't play with the other kids he sees and that he can't eat the things we are eating. But he is trying his best to get himself involved in everything! Just today (11-12) he has started kind of crawling, an army type crawl. He made a few good attempts today that really got him moving. He is beginning to sit on his own now, too. You can kind of see that in his 6 month bear picture, he wouldn't lean back against the bed, he wanted to sit unassisted...like a big boy.
He has started eating solid foods, too. We began with sweet potatoes, which he thought were okay, but seemed to get better everyday we tried them. Then this week we added Butternut Squash, which he hated the first couple of days, he would barely open his mouth for it! Silly boy! He has started drinking water, and apparently he's been watching his big brother drink because he knew exactly what to do with the cup when we gave it to him.
He talks a lot, but is also very quiet and observant. My boy can giggle when tickled, gosh is he ticklish! I love tickling him and hearing that belly laugh! He is still a mama's boy, but is getting better at letting other people hold him. Luke really enjoys his exersaucer and hangs out in it during mealtimes, and many other times throughout the day. When he gets upset, he likes for me to sing to him, and it seems his favorite song is Wheels on the Bus. Isaac will sometimes sing to him, too, when he is crying.
He sleeps on his tummy, as soon as I lay him down (on his back) he immediately rolls to his belly. He still prefers to nap in his swing, although there have been some naps in his bed. His hair is starting to stand up straight, just like Isaac's did at this age...it is precious! Luke enjoys shopping with me, if I carry him in the Bjorn, not in the stroller. The boys have a lot of fun at the grocery store when I carry Luke and Isaac sits in the cart, they talk to each other, pull on each other, and Isaac tries to share his snacks with him. Eeek. They are happy while I shop, but I'm usually pretty worn out by the time we're done. Luke is following suit with the Griffin boys, he prefers to be outside! He rarely cries outside, and laughs so hard when he sees Isaac swing or jump on the trampoline. When I let him stand on my lap, he bounces and bounces and smiles and smiles. It is priceless!
He is growing, as I mentioned, but he is still my peanut. At his appointment he weighed in at 14.5 lbs and 26 inches. His weight is in the 5th percentile and height in the 35th!
He is growing, as I mentioned, but he is still my peanut. At his appointment he weighed in at 14.5 lbs and 26 inches. His weight is in the 5th percentile and height in the 35th!
No comments:
Post a Comment