Carl went hunting with some friends this past weekend, so I was looking for something new and fun to do with Isaac. Jenny (who's husband was also gone) and I decided to take the kids out to King's Orchard to pick strawberries. We talked about it all week, and were pretty excited about it! Saturday morning came, and when we walked outside it was raining! What a bummer! Well, we didn't let it stop us, we went out there anyway, and I'm so glad we did. It rained lightly on us the entire time, but that didn't bother the kids at all, and we still enjoyed it, too! Isaac really got into picking the strawberries, he got the hang of it real quick. Everytime we'd pick one he'd say, "more!" He needed my help to pick them, but then put them in the basket for me and even carried the basket some. It was a fun and memorable day for sure, I'm so thankful we didn't let the rain scare us away!
If you live in the Houston area and haven't been out there, I definitely recommend you go, it is a fun experience for the kids! Plus, the strawberries are delicious!!!
I love Kings Orchard. We used to go all the time since my parents live so close. This year Mason and Wyatt didn't want to go. They would rather shoot BB guns or ride the motorcycle. My mom still goes every year by herself:) Glad you got to enjoy the picking!
ReplyDelete