Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Isaac's a biker now!

Isaac has had two different bikes for months now, close to a year probably. But he always refuses to use the pedals; I think he feels unstable when using them, so he just walks the bike. Any time we asked him to use the pedals he would quickly say, "All done, all done!" This morning I turned on Sesame Street for him, not that he really watches, but every now and then he will look at it. When I turned it on Elmo happened to be on, and Elmo is the only character he recognizes. Elmo was riding a tricycle, so I took full advantage of the opportunity and made a big deal about watching Elmo use the pedals. Then Elmo and a man started teaching Elmo's pink friend (I don't know her name) how to ride her tricycle, using the pedals. They were telling her the same things we tell Isaac. I made a big deal out of it, and talked all about how she was pushing the pedals and doing such a great job. Then I got really excited for her when she did it on her own.

This afternoon while playing outside I asked Isaac if he wanted to ride his bike like Elmo did, using the pedals. He jumped right on it, put his feet on the pedals, and off he went!!! Wow!!! Not a problem at all, like he had always been doing it! Carl was outside, too, so we both went crazy when he did it and praised him a lot! He loved that of course, and I think he loved using the pedals, too! We're so proud of our new little cyclist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer