Sunday, April 25, 2010

38 Weeks Pregnant


Isaac kissing his baby brother in mama's tummy.

38 weeks! Wow, I cannot even believe I am already 38 weeks, the time has flown by, but I definitely feel 38 weeks pregnant! A friend told me when I was pregnant with Isaac to be sure and enjoy it because the second time is not near as great. I thought she was crazy, there's no way, pregnancy is such a beautiful miracle! Well, she was right. I mean, it is still a beautiful miracle, but it is harder to enjoy it the second time when you are chasing around a toddler and you cannot relax when you want/need to. Well, though it's been tough at times I really cannot complain too much, I have been blessed with a good pregnancy and a sweet toddler to chase around. I love feeling the baby move, and I will definitely miss that when the pregnancy is over; it is so amazing to feel him kick and wiggle and realize that there really is a little baby inside of me! Wow, how incredible is our God that He makes that happen!

I had an ultrasound about a week and a half ago, everything looked good, and the Doctor said I have a peanut...yay! They guessed at that point that he was 5 pounds 3 oz, and that I would deliver a 6-7 pound baby. Yay! Isaac was 6 pounds 15 oz, so hopefully this little guy will be about the same size, no bigger. =) I am hoping he'll come early, but as we all know Isaac was a week late, so even though I'm hoping and keep telling him he can come, I'm not counting on it. We'll see though, every pregnancy is different, right!?!

I am so anxious to meet our newest son, to introduce he and Isaac, and to hold him in my arms. Even though there are tough days and pregnancy is sometimes a big pain, I wouldn't trade it for anything, every second is worth it, and I am completely thankful for the chance to carry this baby for nine months. What an honor it is that God trusts us with His children.

1 comment:

  1. Pregnancy is beautiful, but nothing is more beautiful than holding a newborn baby. Can't wait to meet him! Of course, don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete

A Mother's Prayer