Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas (part 1)

Cousins!

Playing with Opa!

Carson helping Isaac open this gifts in his stocking.

A quick family shot while we were playing outside.

Daddy teaching Isaac how to swing the golf club.

Mommy and Isaac hanging out...scratching off my lotto tickets, no winners.

I love this look!

Christmas Eve famiy photo.


MERRY CHRISTMAS! We hope everyone had a blessed day, full of faith, family, and love. What a special day this is to celebrate the birth of our Savior, I hope you all enjoyed it. We had a special time, starting with the Christmas Eve service at church yesterday. It was such a great service, a great way to start our Christmas celebrations. My parents joined us for church; Isaac stayed with us during the worship music, but then had to go to the nursery because he doesn't quite know how to be quiet yet. Fortunately, he was only in there about 20 minutes because he didn't enjoy it very much. After church we had a nice dinner with Oma and Opa at their house.

Today started out wonderfully, Isaac gave us the best gift...he slept in until 8:00! He hasn't slept that late in a while, oh it was nice! I'm sure it is the last Christmas morning for many years that we will get to sleep in. We had a great time opening presents with just the three of us this morning; Isaac was spoiled and had so much fun trying out all of his new toys. Then Carl made us all pancakes, so we enjoyed a yummy breakfast as a family. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out here at home, until it was time to head over to Oma and Opa for a Christmas celebration with my family.

Once again, Isaac was spoiled over there, and had a great time playing with his new toys and his cousins! It is always so sweet to see the three boys playing together, and imagine that next Christmas there will be four! In a few years we'll have four wild boys running around have a blast together! We had a delicious dinner made by Oma, Soo Jin, and Melissa...thanks y'all! I can't take credit because I only brought rolls from Goodson's (yum!) and made a chocolate cake.

I am so thankful for this day and what a great reminder it is of the gift of Jesus, our Savior. I pray that you and your family enjoyed your day and took some time to celebrate Him, the real reason for the day.

2 comments:

  1. Is it a Christmas tradition to wear plaid in your family?:) Even Carl has on plaid shorts! Merry Christmas to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Not it's not a tradition, but maybe it should be, they all look so cute in their plaid! What is funny to me is that Carl was wearing shorts on Christmas morning, it was freezing! He's crazy! I hope y'all had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

A Mother's Prayer