Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Prayer Request

I come to you all tonight and ask for prayer. When Carl and I lived in Lewisville we attended The Village Church, and our lives were forever changed. God taught us so much, more than I can put into words, through Matt Chandler (the lead pastor) and the rest of the church body. Many of you know that church is still so special to me and I talk about it and the amazing things God does through it often. (I haven't missed a sermon since we left, love podcast!)
So my prayer is this...The lead pastor Matt Chandler suffered a seizure last week, and it turns out he has a tumor in the frontal lobe of his brain. He is having surgery on Friday afternoon, so please pray the surgery goes well and recovery is smooth. Matt has a wife and three children, I can't imagine what they must be feeling. Please keep them in your prayers as well.
Even through this I am inspired by the Chandlers and The Village...God is so huge and is stronger than this tumor.

"For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." 1 Peter 3:12-13 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer