Saturday, November 7, 2015

My Peanut is 5!

Obviously, I am way behind on my blog posts.  But I cannot let the year go by without a post highlighting each boy for their birthdays.  I know, just a few months late.  I'll start with Luke!  The boys had a combined birthday party again this year.  We had it at their gymnastics gym, and they had a blast!  They both had a few friends from school plus some family friends.  It was perfect!
 
I cannot believe that Luke is 5!  5 is a big milestone, I feel like so much changes once kids turn 5...and Luke has proven that to be true.  Luke matured and changed so much over the year from 4-5, it was a joy to see that happen.  He continues to be our strong willed child, but with that comes a passion and determination like I've never seen.  It can be challenging to handle at times, but I know that as he grows this will be the characteristic that carries him far in life.  I am excited to see how The Lord uses that in his life.  Luke is also sensitive, he feels big and he loves big.  I see that more and more as the years go by.  He has become such a sweet big brother, he takes great care of Hannah, and plays so sweetly with her.  Of course they fight and argue, but his love for her is precious.  He continues to be a cuddlebug, but ssshhh, he might not like me sharing that bit about him.  Luke has a huge imagination, we've seen that in his playing for a while, but now he's showing it in writing and art as well.  He is very interested in reading and writing, and is doing great with both!  One thing that we saw in Luke from a young age and continue to see is that we cannot push him to do things, he will do it when he's ready.  This continues to be a huge part of who he is, so sometimes we must plant an idea, encourage him, and then wait for him to decide.  For example, when we started swimming again in May he was very cautious and a bit scared.  But after some time he warmed up to it and before long he was swimming like a fish again.
Luke is a true blessing to us.  He is so different from me, so I learn a lot from him, but he is so similar to Carl, which is neat to see.  I love this little peanut with all my heart and am so thankful he's ours!
 
 
The boys ready to party!

 
Luke and his BFF from school, Easton.

 
Parachute fun!

 
He got to put his handprints on the handprint wall in the gym!




 
Celebrating his birthday at school with cupcakes!

 
Even Hannah got to join in on the fun at school!


 
Birthday breakfast...a yummy donut!

 
presents!!!
 
I may not have blogged about this on time, but I did do the yearly questionnaire for each boy...
Favorite Toy:  RC Lightening
Favorite Thing to Learn:  Math
Favorite Snack:  Goldfish
Favorite TV Show:  Superheroes
Food I dislike:  Green beans
Favorite Food:  Fried Shrimp
Favorite Color:  Green
I love to go outside to...swim!
Favorite Song:  "I've been working on the railroad" and "Stuck in the Mud"
Best Friend:  Alex
Animal:  Tiger
When I grow up I want to be:  Police Officer

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer