I still cannot believe that I have a kindergartener and a 2nd grader! Where does the time go? Leading up to the first day both boys were VERY excited! Isaac kept telling Luke different rules and how things go in school. It was cute to hear his advice and rules. Luke was just overwhelmed with excitement for days. He would randomly bounce around the house talking about how he couldn't wait for school to start. It was really cute to see!
When I went to wake them up Isaac was already awake and ready to come down. Luke was asleep, but he quickly woke up and remembered what fun was ahead. We started the day with breakfast...scrambled eggs (Luke's favorite) and biscuits. After breakfast it was picture time! As we walked outside for the bus Luke was surprised by the darkness outside, "Daddy, it's still dark out!"
When did he get so tall?
So Isaac decided that Luke should wear the same shirt on his first day of kinder that Isaac wore on his first day. Luke adores Isaac, so he happily went along with it. So cute!
Pure joy and excitement!
I love these shirt pictures...I can't wait to put all of these pictures together one day and see the progression.
Of course Tex had to be involved in the photo shoot.
These boys are so special to me!
The sweet pictures are not posed, this was just how they were all morning...Isaac was very happy to have Luke join him at school. He was concerned about Luke not being able to put his bag in his locker, and not get to carline in the afternoon, etc. It made my heart happy to see how much he truly cares for his little brother.
How is this peanut in kinder!?!
Not only is it the first day of school, but it's also the first day of a new bus service for the district...so it was very late. We waited quite a while, and Luke was so anxious!
THE BUS!!!
After they left on the bus I headed up to the school in my car to check on them and get some pictures in the classrooms. I beat them there by about 15 minutes. As I turned a corner in the hall I saw this! My heart melted...the bond between these two is so strong...and the tenderness in Isaac's heart is beyond any what I can understand...so sweet.
Isaac insisted that we take Luke to his room first so he could help him get settled.
Thank goodness for the help...Luke cannot reach the hook in his locker.
He was all smiles and crazy excitement at the bus stop, but now in the classroom he is all business...for now.
Brothers!
Luke's class is in for a wonderful year!
After many kisses and hugs we headed down the hall to Isaac's room. One big blessing of this year is that the kindergarten classes and 2nd grade classes are in the same hallway, so they share a bathroom and often see each other throughout the day.
He was also all business and ready to get to work.
I picked the boys up from school on the first day because Isaac had to get to gymnastics practice. Hannah and I could not wait for them to get out of the building and in to our arms. She immediately jumped on Isaac and wouldn't let go. Both boys were really excited and all smiles after day 1. Isaac said 2nd grade was REALLY fun!!! I could immediately tell that he loved his teacher. Isaac actually had quite a bit to say about his first day, and often I have to pull information out of him. Luke also had an awesome day! He did say, "The day was really long, mama. At the end of the day I thought it must be the second day because we had been there so long." Luckily, he enjoyed the day, even though it was so long. He had PE on the first day and he loved that! He found his best friend from preschool on the playground, so they played at recess, and that's continued every day of the first week.
This was a big week for us in terms of a new season of life...as we have taken on quite a change in gymnastics. Isaac is now on team and Luke is on preteam. Isaac practices 3 days a week and Luke practices 2 days, so between the two boys we are at the gym 4 days of the week. It's a lot, but they truly enjoy it, so as long as they are happy and having fun we will make it work. Isaac did great with the busyness of it, I am very proud of him! On Wednesday he got his first gymnastics injury though. They were all doing handstands in a line against the wall...well at one point Isaac got kicked in the face by another boy. Ouch! It swelled up right away, and was bleeding a bit from a small cut right by his eye. He was super tough though, he didn't cry...such a big guy!
Nobody has gymnastics on Friday, so the boys got to ride the bus home today! They were both really excited about that! Isaac's caring and concern for Luke has not gone away...near the end of the day he asked his teacher if he could go remind Luke to ride the bus and tell him what bus number. Thankfully, she allowed him to go, so he was very happy.
Hannah and I miss these boys like crazy when they are gone. Hannah has mentioned that she misses Isaac the most, and today she showed that when they got off the bus.
She was yelling, "ISAAC! LUKE!"
She jumped right into his arms and would not let go.
Together again!
I cannot be more happy with week 1 of his school year! Both boys had a great start, they are loving their teachers, making new friends, and happy to go each day! I am a thankful mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment