This winter was our first REAL winter. When we moved here in July we told the kids that we might see snow in the winter, but prepared them that it was a small chance, but bigger than Houston. We were trying to get them excited about the move and thought that would help. Never in a million years did I expect to have snow like we had this winter! It was cold, it was beautiful, it was annoying, and it was fun!
This was the first snow, which was pretty icy, but still good snow for this south Texas family.
We had a lot of fun!
Their first snow man!
A few days later we got real snow! It started light around 8:00 am and it kept falling all day!
I ended up getting pretty nervous about the roads, so I picked the boys up from school at about 10:00. The roads were already getting slick, and I did not like driving on them! Carl went to Fort Worth that morning and the drive home that normally takes 45 minutes took him 4 hours! It was rough, but I was just thankful he made it safely.
Hannah thought the umbrella would help her stay warmer.
It kept snowing all day, so we went out multiple times that day to play in it.
SNOW ANGELS!
Once daddy got home we had to go out with him, too!
SNOWBALL FIGHT!
We ended up with about 6 inches of snow that day...real soft fluffy snow!
Then on March 5 we had ANOTHER snow day!
It started snowing around 11 pm on March 4, so we went to bed thinking we might have some snow on the ground, but we woke up to almost 6 inches! This was the beautiful soft snow, too!
Tex enjoyed eating the snow, running in the snow, and wrestling with daddy in the snow.
Family TV time while trying to get warm after playing outside.
We had so much fun this winter, out little winter wonderland was beautiful! I'm thankful for the blessing of this winter, it was a sweet time with the kids. I will never forget their squeals of delight as they saw it falling, the laughs we had while playing, and the cute snow man we built.
No comments:
Post a Comment