I cannot believe our baby girl is 3! I know I say that every birthday, but oh my gosh, where is my baby!?! This girl is everything I'd expect a little girl to be and even more!
She is sweet and has a big heart for all people, animals, and babies. She is sassy and knows what she wants! She is tough, I think this is partially from being the 3rd child, but the girl can hang with her brothers without a problem. She is a princess and loves everything princess. She loves to dress up and look pretty! Arts and crafts is one of her favorite activities!
This year has brought so many changes. A year ago she was talking some, but this year her vocabulary grew a million times, and her conversation skills took off! It was amazing to watch her grasp onto language and conversation so quickly. I love the talks we have and the things she says to me. The girl does not forget anything, so that is always interesting, too. This year she also potty trained, which was easier than I expected when we started, and she has done really well with it. I still think it is weird to not have someone in diapers, my purse feels so empty without the diapers. Hannah started gymnastics in August and her love for it grows every week! She wakes up daily and asks me two questions..."What are we doing today?" and "Is today gymnastics?" She gets very upset when it's not a gymnastics day, she wants to go every day! Her coach and the other coaches in the gym have been impressed by her love and excitement for the sport and her strength/ability have also caught their attention. Who knows where this will lead, but right now I know that gymnastics has her heart. I love watching her as she does her thing, her joy is contagious, and her focus during her time on the apparatus is impressive to me! This year Hannah has learned to ride her bike with training wheels, and she is asking to take off the training wheels. She's not ready for that yet, but she is getting faster and more controlled everyday! The girl has never met a stranger...she talks to everyone we see, everywhere we go. She cannot wait to start school like her brothers, she has already made friends with many of the teachers at Luke's school, and can't wait to start there herself. She enjoys Sunday school very much! She doesn't hesitate to go in the room, and honestly can't wait to go once we tell her we are doing that. This past week she moved up to the 3 year old class, and she literally ran into the room straight to one of the teachers, she grabbed his leg and looked up to him with a big smile. She didn't even say good bye to us, she was just so excited! Afterward she had so much to tell us because it was so different than her previous class. She got to go to big group lesson and worship and I could tell she enjoyed that. She understood what was taught and was able to tell us so much about it! It was pretty funny actually because Luke was in the same lesson, but he never tells us anything. Once she started to tell us he jumped in and said things, too. We laughed about the fact that we will now know what Luke is learning in SS lessons because Hannah will tell us. The church gave her a bible for her birthday and she was thrilled! She walked around all evening talking about "My very own bible!" It was precious to see her reading it to herself.
Our Hannah is amazing, and we are so thankful for everything she brings to our family. I can't wait to see her grow and see how the Lord uses her life.
Eating lunch with daddy shortly after she turned 2!
This girl has a special place in her daddy's heart...and around his finger.
Gymnastics...her life.
Our princess...she dresses up every chance she gets...and a princess dress is not complete without the crown and shoes.
Don't be mistaken, she is a princess, but also very much a tomboy who loves to "drive" and the faster the better!
Where did she learn to pose for pictures!?!
Her birthday party!
We are very proud of our princess...my prayer is that she never loses her passion, her tenderness, that she always puts all of her into all she does, and that she learns to love Jesus more deeply as she grows.
No comments:
Post a Comment