Last week Luke and I went on our first bike ride with him on his bike without training wheels! He had asked a few days earlier if we could go, but I told him that he has to learn how to stop without crashing first (he crashes when he stops because he can't reach the ground well enough to stop normally). So of course Luke started practicing his controlled stop immediately, and within a day or two he had it down. I decided to ride my bike along with him (Hannah on my bike, too), which turned out to be difficult because I still had to help Luke start after each stop, and we stop every time a car goes by. The starts were tough, but other than that it went great, he biked so well and had so much fun! Then a few days later we went for a family walk and he wanted to bike. Of course, we let him ride his bike and he went over a mile! He never once complained about being tired, even as he pushed up the hills. Our little man may be small, but he is fierce and oh so strong!
(Pictures are from his first bike ride.)
No comments:
Post a Comment