Our big boy is 5! I can't even believe it, 5 just seems so old. Even though it's hard to accept that he's growing up and he's not my baby any more, it's also so fun to watch him grow and become his own little person. I love seeing how the Lord is working in him; He's given Isaac such a big heart and a love for others. Isaac is so sweet, and I'd say that is how most people would describe him, but lately he's also starting to test our limits. He is learning and in that process he is trying to find the real boundaries, how far he can push us, what's really okay and what's not. Sometimes it's very frustrating to experience, but I know it's his way of learning and growing. Isaac is also so silly lately, he likes to tell jokes and to tease, the boy loves to laugh! He is an awesome big brother! He tries so hard to take care of his sister and brother, sometimes a little too much for their liking, but he means well. He loves to hug on Hannah and tickle her to make her laugh. Isaac is very determined, but also a bit lazy. Funny combination, but that's our boy. When he wants to accomplish something, he will work his little tail off to learn...like swimming or riding his bike. But when he's in a certain mood or it's something he's not interested in he can be so lazy. He is not into writing, he often just doesn't even put forth the effort. I've noticed that with reading, too, sometimes he will try to so hard to sound out the words, other times he just says whatever he wants. Oh that boy! Gross motor skills are definitely his thing, he will bike and swim all day long! Yesterday we went for a bike ride for over 2 miles...that's a long way for his little legs! He loved it and didn't want to stop. Our boy loves to dress up, he is really into wearing a tie and slacks lately, he wears them any chance he gets. Isaac is so excited to start kindergarten and go to the big school. He talks about it all the time. Although he did tell me the other day that he wanted me to homeschool him because if he goes to school all day he won't have time to play with his friends and ride his bike. Oh goodness, he's always coming up with something.
I asked Isaac the annual questions, some of his answers were so predictable, but others really surpised me. Enjoy these!
Favorite Toy: the new 4 wheeler and bicycle
Favorite thing to learn: how to work on cars with daddy
Favorite snack: cake
Favorite TV show: Jake and the Neverland Pirates
My teacher says: She wishes she could have a class full of Isaacs because he is so sweet and well behaved.
My favorite activity: draw in his journal
Favorite food: pancakes with Emmy's jelly (Mayhaw jelly)
Food I dislike the most: broccoli
Favorite color: orange!!!
I love to go outside: to drive the 4 wheeler
Favorite song: Yankee Doodle
With Mama and Daddy I like to: play outside and go for bike rides
What I think everyone should know: Jesus loves you!
Best Friend: Colson and Taylor
What I love to do with Luke: drive the 4 wheeler and splash in the mud
Favorite thing to do with Hannah: hug her!
Favorite animal: tiger because they are orange
When I grow up I ant to be: a worker that drives an orange truck
Favorite place to go: Pump it Up
Isaac with his new big boy bicycle!
He got his face painted like a tiger at Taylor's birthday party.
" Driving" the firetruck at his birthday party.
Eating his birthday breakfast, yogurt with sprinkles.
His all time favorite thing, the new fast 4 wheeler!
I am so proud of Isaac, he is a fun loving, hard working, big hearted 5 year old! I am thankful for the things he has taught us in the last 5 years, and I can't wait to see what lies ahead as we all start this new chapter.
No comments:
Post a Comment