Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Potty Training is NO FUN!

Oh sweet Luke...doesn't he make a precious Cowboy Woody (from Toy Story)?  I love this picture of him, he was SO excited the day I pulled these out of the box of Isaac's old clothes.  He thought it was the best thing ever!  We had some friends over that night, but he had to go down to show daddy that he was Woody!  It was adorable, so the next morning I snapped this picture of him right as he came down stairs. 

This sweet boy has quite the stubborn streak, and potty training has been a true test for us both.  The boy has not decided that he wants to be fully potty trained.  He will go on the potty when I make him every hour or so, but if I forget so does he.  Ugh!  I cannot figure out how to make him want to do it.  I've tried rewards, punishments, encouraging, and even getting upset with him.  Nothing is working!  On Monday, Luke pooped on the potty for the first time since starting the potty training, we made a big deal, had an ice cream party and all.  I thought it was a turning point, I felt such relief, thinking we had turned a corner.  But yesterday and today were back to the same, he forgets when I does, and all the poop in the pull up.  What a bummer! 

Adding two other kids to the mix when potty training sure makes it harder.  It was so easy to potty train Isaac, he was more into it, but also I was not near as distracted.  Now trying to take care of all three, while remembering to take Luke to the bathroom every hour or less, well needless to say I am often too distracted to remember.  Fail.  I apologize now, my boy may be 5 before he's potty trained.  Any and all advice is appreciated.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer