Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Swim Lessons
The little ones are all smiles in these pictures, but don't be fooled...their swim lessons are serious business. It took some bribery to get Luke there each day, but it paid off! We decided to get serious with our swim lessons this year, they are doing the survivor lessons, which teach them to float on their back and then roll over to swim, and float again when tired. Obviously Hannah is not swimming yet, but she has learned to float on her back. This is so comforting for us, even though we are so careful around the pool, there is always that chance that she could have an accident. Unfortunately, they both cried during their lessons and did not enjoy them at all, which I don't blame them, the lessons were intense. Each lesson was 10 minutes long with constant swimming. Luke did not cry the last few lessons and for that I was so proud of him! Hannah did cry every time and even cries now when she goes in the pool, but like I said, I feel it was worth it! I never would have guessed Luke would learn to swim before he turned 3! I'm so proud of them for their hard work and perseverance. Oh, poor Hannah has one more week at the beginning of June...I'm hoping by some miracle she will learn to love floating in the pool. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment