Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Luke Update

Luke is becoming such a big boy!  He is talking up a storm, even gives Isaac a run for his money sometimes.  Some things that he says are so unique to him, he definitely thinks differently than Isaac, so I love hearing his thoughts.  Then other times he does or says things that mimick Isaac exactly.  His words still aren't all completely clear, so sometimes he says things that we don't understand.  Just today, while playing in the play room, he said, "Mama, I need a big tit."  You can imagine our reaction, Carl and I just looked at each other...what?  I repeated what I heard and asked him to say it again, I had to think for a minute, but then I figured it out.  What he said was, "Mama, I need a big tent."  Haha!
Sweet Luke adores his sister!  Last week we went to an Easter egg hunt at a friend's house.  I put Hannah in a pretty Cinderella dress with a tutu attached, Luke loved it!  When he saw her he said, "Mama, Hannah's wearing a princess dress, it's so pretty!  She's ready to spin!"  How does he come up with this stuff?  It was a precious moment.  In the picture below I had put them next to each other for a picture, I backed up to start snapping and he had his arm around her while digging in his basket for an egg for her to play with.  My heart melted.  I pray that they always have this sweet relationship.


Luke has started some new, not so fun, behaviors lately.  He cries easily, and often will come to me saying, "Hold Me." with the most pathetic face.  It seems very sad, but usually there's nothing wrong, he just wants attention, I guess.  Sometimes I can easily oblige, but other times I cannot hold him and then he just cries.  In one second he can be fine and off playing again, I think he's manipulating me.  Oh well, we will hope this phase passes soon, and until it does we will hold him.

Here he is all dressed up for Sunday School one week, he loves going to Sunday School.  I think it's the highlight of his week.  He asks me every morning if we are going to Sunday School. 
On a random side note, he's hit 25 pounds!  He's still not growing quickly, but he's growing, so we're thankful.

Luke is all boy, he loves dirt, cars, and all things outdoors.  His newest obsession is race cars, watching Nascar to be exact.  Now that he's talking he asks me all the time if we can go outside to play.  He loves to drive the Gator, and after some rain there is always mud in the back yard, so that is the new road.  Luke loves the sandbox, he can't get enough of the swings, and lately he really loves to jump on the trampoline, too!  He has started riding his bike with training wheels in the past few weeks, he's got great control. He's trying hard to keep up with his big bro.
 I'm so thankful for Luke, he's sweet and loving, spunky and silly...and he's mine!  I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer