Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Running Mama
Working out has always been a big part of my life. Since having kids my work out time has been random and mediocre at best. As you know, my favorite type of working out is running, it's my time to think, my alone time, and just a great release. The last four years I have really enjoyed running with the kid/s in the stroller, it's a fun time for us all. These days that's a little more difficult, obviously I can't push three kids in a stroller. So now my runs consist of Isaac on his bike and me pushing the little ones behind him. I've come to realize that my runs look much different than they used....these days it's not about how fast I can run my miles or how far I can run. It's about getting in a work out, while enjoying some time with the kids. There are many little stops on my runs now, to talk to neighbors, wait for cars to pass, to check out the neighbor's horses, and even do some swinging by the lake. There's also a lot more talking during my runs, Isaac asks a lot of questions, even while riding his bike. Whew...he wears me out. Yes, I won't be breaking any running records any time soon, and I may not be in the best shape of my life, but I hope I'm teaching my kids the importance of exercise and allowing them to have some fun while I try to stay in shape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment