Monday, January 21, 2013

One Word Can Melt My Heart

My kids often do or say things that melt my heart and leave me speechless.  Hannah has done that a few times, but today she stopped me in my tracks and almost brought tears to my eyes.  I fed her before putting her to bed, just as I always do.  She was very tired tonight, so was falling asleep as she ate.  As I was walking to her room with her in my arms she was half asleep, eyes only halfway open, but suddenly she opened her eyes all the way and said very sweetly, "Mama" as she looked me in the eyes.  She has said mama many times, but always only after being prompted, this was her first time to say it unprompted.  Moments like that make the daily challenges all melt away...so thankful for my sweet baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer