Poor Luke is sick, his first time with a fever that has lasted for days. It started Friday evening as a very low fever and some grumpyness. This continued Saturday and Sunday, but again the fever stayed low and his appetite was small, but besides that he had no other symptoms. Sunday evening Carl and Isaac headed off to small group, but I stayed home with him, and before bed his fever spiked to 103.3! It really scared me, so I called the doctor and talked to a nurse. She reassured me that he was okay, and to just treat the fever with motrin and tylenol. Okay, I thought, but was still nervous. Thankfully, the medicine worked great! His fever came down and he slept all night (Saturday night he was up 6 times). This morning I took him to the doctor, which as you can imagine, Luke does not enjoy. Turns out he has tonsillitis, boo! But thankfully it is not strep, it's just viral, and the doctor said it should clear up in a day or two. Oh, how I pray that he is right because it's so hard to see my baby struggling.
Side note...he weighed in at 21.5 lbs!!! Now we need to get him eating again so we can keep up the weight gain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment