- Toy trucks racing around the house.
- Little feet running around the house.
- Toy vehicles running into walls, furniture, and brothers.
- "The dump truck crew is here!" yelled by Isaac as the boys come rushing in with their trucks.
- "We're two, we're four, we're six, we're eight....Thomas and his Friends!"
- Giggles!
- Toy train wheels driving along the wooden tracks.
- Little screams of frustration (when something isn't working like it should or brother takes a toy)
- The squeak of swings.
- The hum of Power Wheels motors.
- The pantry door squeaking as it opens followed by food being moved around.
- The sweet sound of praise and worship songs being sung by Isaac.
- "Choo Choo"...as Luke pushes a train around.
- A door slamming as they race outside to play.
- MaMa....in a precious voice calling from bed.
- Dada!!! screamed with excitement when they see Daddy.
There are so many more sounds in the house, but these are the sounds that come to mind as I think of my boys and our days. Granted they aren't all nice sounds, but they are all sweet and precious to me because they are the sounds of my boys...and I know there will come a day when I will miss every one of these. I love the sounds of joy, excitement, and even the sounds of frustration because it means it's an opportunity to learn something. I pray that I savor this time with my children and can remember so much of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment