Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So excited...

Isaac is really so excited about getting a little sister. He tells everyone about her, including his teachers and gymnastics coaches. Since he found out about her last week he has said and done some of the cutest things, so I have to document and share them with you...


  • While outside swinging the other day he started to talk about her, his face lit up as he talked. He said that she could ride in the baby car seat and if she gets bored in the truck he will talk to her and sing to her.

  • He told me yeterday that Luke will need to learn to swing on a big boy swing, so little sister can swing in the baby swing and Luke can swing in the big swing next to him. He said he will push her if her swing stops.

  • He asks me all the time what she is doing. So a couple of days ago I told him that he could talk to her because she can hear him. So he said hi to her and talked a minute. Then he was quiet for a few seconds. Then he started to sing the ABCs to her! It was priceless! No lie, after he stopped singing and talking she started to kick. I think she loves him already, too!

  • Isaac has decided that we need to paint her room pink...because girls like pink.

  • He asks me all the time if he can hold her after she is born. I tell him yes and he gets the biggest smile on his face!

  • He was looking at his and Luke's pumpkins from the pumpkin patch and he said, "We need to go back and get one for my baby sister."

  • While shopping at Target today we walked through the baby/toddler clothes department, I was looking at the clearance rack and he said, "Look, Mama, PINK, you need to buy that for my baby sister. She needs pink." A few minutes latery, "More pink, mama, buy that!" The entire shopping trip went on that way. He even tried to get me to buy baby diapers for her because she needs them. It was fun to see him so interested in getting things for her and picking out just the right color. ;-)

I am so happy that Isaac is so excited about his little sister. I pray that the joy sticks around once she comes home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer