Thursday, June 10, 2010

1 month old


Luke is one month old (yesterday)! I can't believe he's already a month, I know I'll say that every month, but my goodness this month really did fly by. Luke is doing well. He eats really well, still every 2-3 hours during the day and every 4-5 hours at night. He loves to be outside, just like his brother. If he is upset and we take him outside he almost always calms down immediately. He enjoys sitting in his swing outside, usually puts him right to sleep. He also enjoys his bath, well once he's in and warm he does...but then he sure gets upset when we take him out. I don't blame him though, it's cold when you're all wet and just taken out of the nice warm water. He is becoming more alert every day, I can see him starting to really look at things. He started smiling at us about 2 weeks ago, and I can't get enough of that smile. Unfortunately we haven't seen it a lot, but he seems to be showing us more every day. He does cry quite a bit, mostly in the evenings, but also randomly during the day. Not sure if maybe he has reflux or colic, or just likes to cry. We're figuring out things that help calm him down and hopefully by his 2 month update I can say he doesn't cry any more. He is happiest in the morning, he likes for me to hold him so he can look around the room. This morning Isaac wanted to hold him, so we went in Luke's room and Isaac sat with Luke on his lap in the rocking chair. It was a precious sight! Luke was so content and happy! He smiled at me a couple of times, and then he looked up at Isaac. Isaac was talking to him and kissing him on the head, Luke then smiled at Isaac a few times! It was so sweet to see that interaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer