Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Blessing

Our family of three just over 12 hours before becoming a family of four.


Last pregnant picture (taken right before we left for the hospital)


Put me back in there!


Sweetness



Heading home!

Isaac saying hi when we got home.

Our new family!


The Lord has blessed us this Mother's Day with an amazing gift...our son Luke. He was born at 1:10 am, what a way to start our day! I was having contractions all night on Friday and all day Saturday, so we thought he would be born on Saturday, but he waited until Sunday morning, and I just love that!

He weighed 6 pounds 12 oz and was 20.25 inches. He is doing really well, and is just precious!

As I layed there after he was born watching them clean him and just staring in amazement at my beautiful son, my second son, I was just hit with so many emotions. There were a few Mother's Days in the last few years that were really hard on me. As we struggled to get pregnant Mother's Day was a tough day, and now a day that was once difficult will forever be one of the most special days of my life. Through my struggles I always reminded myself that God had a plan, and of course that's easier to say than to always fully believe, but over the last 2 years God has shown me that He was always in control; and His plan is way better than mine! I feel like God giving us the gift of our son on this special day is His way of showing us His love and His constant presence in our lives. I can only praise God for my beautiful children and sweet husband!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing is more amazing than the birth of a child. I am glad you are all doing so well. Can't wait to meet Luke!

    ReplyDelete

A Mother's Prayer