Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fun Times

Apparently Isaac has decided we are taking too long to pick a name for his baby brother, so he is going to pick one himself. I cannot wait to see what he comes up with!
Isaac absolutely loves this car, he drives it around the house all day! I guess he would prefer to sleep in it, too.

Peek a Boo!
Isaac was playing peek a boo with us during dinner, he was pulling his shirt up and hiding, he pulled it down to reveal a big smile every time!


We had such a fun day today, Isaac's friend Taylor, aka TayTay, came over to play. Kristin and I had a great time catching up while we watched the kiddos play. They are growing up so fast, everytime they are together I can see the differences in each of them as well as in the way they interact. They are starting to really play together instead of just playing by each other....and it is precious to watch! Kristin and Taylor always bring great snacks when they come over, and Isaac remembers that! One of Taylor's favorites is Nilla Wafers, well Isaac loves those cookies, too! This morning when I told him they were coming over to play he promptly said, "cookie!" He mentioned TayTay and her cookies multiple times before they got here. Needless to say they weren't here long before he asked Kristin for a cookie. The funniest part of it is that we have the same cookies here, I guess it's more fun coming from Kristin. Taylor is so good at sharing her cookies, she even feeds them to Isaac one after another...so cute! I am so thankful that we have Kristin and Taylor in our lives and can share this fun time together.






Isaac is maturing so fast, and as fun as it is to watch it is also a little sad that he is growing into a big boy so quickly! He is doing really well with his words, he puts two words together pretty regularly and has even put three words together a few times! He continues to amaze me with how smart he is and how much he understands. One of the cutest things he's doing these days is cleaning up. Every night when it's time for bed, which he normally decides himself (usually he starts asking for a bath), he then promptly begins putting all of his toys away. We cannot go upstairs to get ready for bed until all of the toys are put away, he even walks around to check that he got it all. I sure hope this is a habit he keeps for a long time!



He is also quite the copycat, he copies many of our actions! Apparently Carl often walks with his hands behind his back, this is something I have never really noticed, but Isaac has definitely picked up on it. He puts his hands behind his back and walks around saying, "daddy walk." Ha ha, always makes me smile! His latest food obsession is with applesauce, and when I say obsession I am not exaggerating! :-) The boy loves his applesauce and will ask for it all day long! He is always very upset when bowl is empty, today he even cried after his second bowl!



Isaac keeps me busy all day long, he barely lets me sit, but I wouldn't trade a second of it! He is so sweet, so fun, and so silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer