Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back to our normal selves!

We are finally well again! All three of us have finally healed, and are feeling 100% again. As I mentioned before, this was Isaac's first time to be sick, and man it was rough on us all. Isaac was sick for almost 3 weeks, starting out as a cold, then it became RSV, and then ending with cold symptoms again. Poor guy, I know it was rough on him, but he handled it like a champ! Carl and I both got sick twice during the 3 weeks, which made me realize how hard it really is to be a pregnant and sick mama. I am so thankful to all be healthy again!

This past weekend Carl and I were still a little sick, but decided to get away for the weekend. Isaac spent the weekend with Carl's parents; and the dogs spent the weekend with my parents. I cannot thank them enough for being so willing to help us out and for giving us that precious time away. We left for Dallas Friday morning, so Carl could get up in time to work. I was supposed to hang out with my friend Staci for the day, but her son ended up getting sick, which was a big bummer. I am really sad that we didn't get the chance to hang out, I sure miss the Cavazos family. Since I couldn't see Staci, I took the time to get in some me time. I spent the afternoon walking around the mall...all by myself! It was nice to walk around and browse without feeling rushed. There were a few unique stores in the mall that I never go to, so that was extra fun, too. Carl was very thankful that I behaved and came out of there only spending about $20...a miracle, I know! I was just thankful for the time to relax and browse through stores, I know such a girl thing. After shopping I went to the hotel to wait for Carl to get off work, I even got in a little nap and some tv time. Aaawww, how nice. Friday night Carl and I got a date night, which was fabulous! Saturday we ran some errands, visited a few friends, and toured our old hometown of Lewisville. One of our errands was to pick up a piece of baby furniture I had purchased on Craigslist...we officially have all of the furniture for baby #2! Yay! Saturday night we hung out with our old crew of friends from the Fort Worth side of town, it was wonderful to catch up with them and see their kids who have grown so much since we last saw them! I am thankful they all spent the Saturday evening hanging out with us! Sunday was a refreshing day...we were able to go to church where we attended when we lived there. The church has moved locations and grown tremendously since we moved away, but the heart of it was the same and the Worship time/Sermon were uplifting and encouraging. I am so greatful to have had the opportunity to visit The Village again. As you can see it was a pretty busy getaway weekend, but it was so rejuvinating! Thanks again to the grandparents for letting us have that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer