Monday, November 9, 2009

18 months

Isaac had his 18 month check up today. I cannot believe my baby boy is about to be 18 months! The check up went well, Isaac checked out perfectly! He is tall and slender, coming in at 33.5 inches (80th percentile) and 23.2 pounds (20th percentile). This was the first appointment that he realized immediately where we were and was not happy about it. He didn't want anything to do with the nurse, but did better with the doctor. We had plenty of time to hang out and relax before the doctor came in, so I think that helped. =) He got one immunization and did well with that; that's my little tough guy!
He is "saying" so many words now and I can tell he really wants to say more. His latest words are: "all gone", "Cole", "Tex", "yes", and "love you." Okay he says love you, but only I can understand that one. He still loves to read books, we read tons of books everyday! It's so cute because he picks a book and then has to sit in my lap to read it together. Sometimes I get to read every word, but normally he just flips the pages while I point things out. His favorite book right now is "Mighty Movers"...it's full of vehicles of all kinds. He also loves any and all flip books. His latest favorite toy is his new slide/castle. I found it a a resale shop, and turns out it was worth every penny! He loves to climb up it, slide down, turn the steering wheel on top, and of course push his cars down the slide. The dogs are his best friends. Anytime we are out and I say, "we're going home" he immediately says, "Cole, Tex." So cute! He also says hi to them every morning. Cole usually comes into Isaac's room with me in the morning when I go get him out of bed, and that always makes Isaac smile. He of course greets him with a big, "COLE!"
It's been an amazing 18 months, nothing is more precious than watching your baby grow and learn.
Happy 18 months Isaac!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Mother's Prayer